Job Listing Information
- 15-Oct-2021 to 29-Oct-2021 (UTC)
- Harrisburg, PA, USA
- Full Time
- Long Term Contract Length
- The Conservation and Environment Delivery Center is looking for an experienced and motivated project manager to serve as a scrum master at the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
- This position will lead a development team that will be upgrading the Java framework across over 30 different DEP applications.
- Communication, collaboration and management at the most senior level is required.
- As our delivery center is a hybrid project management environment, the ideal candidates should have strong experience both running projects as a traditional project manager and serving as a scrum master on a scrum team.
- Knowledge and experience in additional agile frameworks is a plus.
- This position reports to the business and service management director for the delivery center.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Coaching team members in self-management and cross-functionality.
- Developing and maintaining project documents in accordance with enterprise project management methodologies and as needed by the project.
- Developing detailed project plans using project scheduling tools.
- Leading all project plan development activities, including identification of phases, activities, tasks, deliverables, milestones, dependencies, schedules and assignment of resources.
- Motivating project resources to complete assigned duties and tasks.
- Preparing formal reports on the status and health of the IT projects, including periodic status reports, management dashboards and project metrics.
- Helping the product owner find effective techniques for managing the product backlog.
- Facilitating risk and issue management for IT projects by promoting transparency and communication for identified risks.
- Facilitating deliverable and project artifact approval processes.
- Working with the product owner to address any changes that impact the quality, schedule or budget of the project.
- Facilitating project meetings as needed, including scrum events such as retrospectives and reviews.
- Ensuring the upkeep and accuracy of the project in the commonwealth’s project portfolio management system (Daptiv) to include project status, health, and timekeeping data.
- Working closely with agency business relationship managers, executive staff, and delivery center management to ensure project success and provide project status.
- Using knowledge of agile practices and frameworks (in particular Scrum and Kanban) to support and serve the agile teams in the delivery center.
- Serving as scrum master for agile development teams.
- Influencing and leading organizational change that positively impacts our agile teams.
- Providing and delivering project reports, presentations, and statuses to all levels of management with the delivery center and our customer agencies.
- Ensuring compliance with SDLC policies and procedures
- Directing, coordinating, and tracking the activities of delivery center staff associated with the project.
1. Required: 6+ years full-time experience as a project manager for large and complex information technology projects.
2. Required: 2+ years full-time experience serving as a scrum master on a scrum team.
3. Required: Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization, including executive staff.
4. Required: Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to complete tasks.
5. Desired: PMP or scrum master certification.
6. Desired: 2+ years of experience in utilizing agile project management methodologies