Job Listing Information
- 05-Jan-2022 to 19-Jan-2022 (UTC)
- Trenton, NJ, USA
- Full Time
- Long Term Contract Length
- 40 Weekly Hours
Remote Position however, would prefer local candidate willing to work in office 1X / week
Looking an energetic, enthusiastic candidate with Leadership experience and abilities – able to code, but also needs to be good at analyzing, working with business, guide other team members etc.
- Contractor will be required to collaborate and provide technical expertise to the ITO and ATCSU unit to develop a technical solution to implement business/system requirements.
- All contractor personnel will be under the direct supervision of a Project Manager for the AOC’s Information Technology Office (ITO) or other designated ITO representative.
- The Mainframe consultant will develop and/or receive program specification requirements.
- These specifications will describe the coding to be done.
- Contractor will be required to deliver new or modified programs, successfully unit test their work, develop supportive documentation, and participate with the users in the system testing of their programs.
- Experience with database conversions is desired and helpful.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Hands-on experience in coding, testing and debugging programs written in COBOL/CICS/DB2.
- Experience with IBM OS/JCL (MVS) and IBM/DB2.
- Experience with Stored Procedures
- Experience with CICS
- Experience in conversions for IDMS/DC to CICS, IDMS to DB2.
- Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of programs)
The ideal candidate can:
The consultant must have the ability to clearly and effectively communicate both written and oral with technical and non-technical personnel.
Attain a complete understanding of the Criminal/Probation system and additional Judiciary applications in order to develop from the business/system requirements.
Develop and/or receive program specification requirements.
Contractor will be required to deliver new or modified programs.
Successfully unit test their work and system testing of programs with users.
Develop supportive documentation.
4-year college degree or equivalent technical study
Required / Desired Skills
COBOL Coding, testing & Debugging - Required 5 Years
IBM OS/JCL (MVS) - Required 5 Years
CICS including Coding, testing & debugging - Required 5 Years
IBM/DB2 including Coding, testing & debugging - Required 5 Years
Experience developing supportive documentation - Required 5 Years
Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of their programs) - Required 5 Years
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with internal and external groups - Required 5 Years
Stored Procedures - Required 5 Years
Overall technical and IT experience 5 plus years - Required 5 Years
4-year college degree or equivalent technical study - Required 4 Years
IDMS to DB2 Conversion - Desired 5 Years
IDMS/DC to CICS Conversion - Desired 5 Years
Experience in a Leadership Role - Highly desired 3 Years