Job Listing Information
- 05-Jan-2022 to 19-Jan-2022 (UTC)
- North Chesterfield, VA, USA
- Full Time
- Long Term Contract Length
- 40 Weekly Hours
Candidate MUST be comfortable working ONSITE for the first several weeks - length of time to be determined by manager. Then candidate can work remotely up to two days each week.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Engineer in support of Red Hat servers and infrastructure
- Works with IT engineering team to implement and provide support to agency’s IT system infrastructure.
- Performs day-to-day activities related to the support, research, analysis, and implementation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- Considerable knowledge, experience, and understanding of working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (Red Hat) in a VMware environment is require. This includes:
- Experience with troubleshooting UNIX problems.
- Experience with physical and logical concepts of UNIX file structure.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with performance monitoring, system testing, OS upgrade, and software patch Installation and testing in a Red Hat environment.
- Experience with standard networking protocols.
- Experience with medium to large-scale UNIX environments.
- Experience with providing technical support.
- Experience with UNIX (ex: Perl, Bash, etc) scripting.
- Excellent communicative & collaborative skills
- Experience developing desk procedures and other required documentation.
Required / Desired Skills
In-depth experience with Red Hat operating systems - Required 5 Years
Thorough understanding of configurations and experience in implementation of the Red Hat - Required 5 Years
Thorough knowledge of and experience with performance monitoring, system testing, OS Upgrades, and software patch Installation and testing in Red Hat - Required 5 Years
Experience with VMware - Required 5Years
Experience and ability work with and write Shell (ex: Perl,Bash, etc.) scripts - Required 5 Years
Experience with troubleshooting UNIX / Red Hat problems is required - Required 5 Years
Experience with physical and logical concepts of UNIX file structures - Required 5 Years
Experience working in and troubleshooting medium to large-scale enterprise server environments - Required 5 Years
Ability to communicate and interact effectively with management, users, information technology personnel, and vendors, both orally, and in writing. - Required 5 Years
Experience working with users including requirements definition, conducting testing and training.- Required 5 Years
Experience with standard networking protocols - Required 5 Years
Experience creating desk procedures and other documentation - Required 3 Years
Exposure to Java and or WebSphere Services - Desired 2 Years
Experience with Red Hat Ansible - Desired 2 Years