Job Listing Information
- 06-Jan-2022 to 20-Jan-2022 (UTC)
- Harrisburg, PA, USA
- Full Time
- Long Term Contract Length
- 37.5 Weekly Hours
This position is primarily remote after the initial 2 week onsite training period.
Configuration and installation of Cisco network hardware such as routers and various types of switches; to include edge and core hardware.
- Be knowledgeable on wireless technology and solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues
- Be familiar with configuring BGP, MPLS QOS, etc.
- DHCP knowledge (currently using InfoBlox)
- General knowledge on network design and deployment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams a plus
- Will respond to Commonwealth’s incident management tool (ServiceNow)
The Network Engineer is involved in the design and maintenance of both the hardware and software necessary for a computer network. The Network Engineer is a high-level technical analyst, specializing in Local Area Networks (LANs)/Wide Area Networks (WANs), TCP/IP, and server/network infrastructure.
- Functions as the liaison to the various support groups with whom the network management team interfaces.
- Develops the technical infrastructure maintenance strategy.
- Analyzes, determines, and documents requirements in terms of network management needs and implements them.
- Solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Understands principles of routing client/server programming.
- Manages expectations at all levels: customers/end users, executive sponsors.
- Ensures quality standards are followed.
- Develops plans for disaster recovery/ back up and archiving.
- Acts as the first level of escalation for high priority support issues.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and administration of network routers and switches.
- Executes the disaster recovery/back up procedures and archiving procedures.
- Coordinates efforts with vendors.
- Responsible for ensuring high priority issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for keeping the environment up and running.
- Often times, responsible for identifying and reporting hardware problems.
- Understands basic routing concepts.
- Identifies and track issues, risks, and action items.
- Resolves and/or assists in resolving issues.
- Reviews, prioritizes, and researches service requests.
- Anticipates and resolves issues specific to the team.
- Determines time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
Required / Desired Skills
4 year College Degree or equivalent technical study - Highly desired
Knowledge of wireless technology and solutions - Required
ability to troubleshoot network issues - Required
Familiar with configuring BGP, MPLS, QOS - Required
DHCP knowledge on (currently using infoblox) - Required
General knowledge on network design and deployment - Required
experience with Commonwealths incident managment tool (ServiceNow) - Highly desired
Knowledge of Skype for Business - Desired