Job Listing Information
- 10-Jan-2022 to 24-Jan-2022 (UTC)
- Harrisburg, PA, USA
- Full Time
- Long Term Contract Length
- 37.5 Weekly Hours
This position will be partially remote and onsite. The candidate will need to reside within reasonable commuting distance to do so. The manager is requesting PA residents only.
- This position is part of a team within OA-OIT, Technology Business Office (TBO), Bureau of IT Service Management, Service Quality Assurance.
- The purpose of TBO is to provide, operate, and improve technology services through collaboration and innovation.
- As part of the ITSM team, this position is accountable and responsible for independently performing high-level administrative and consultative work as it relates to Telecommunication Integration with IT Service Management and the ITIL Methodology.
- This position fulfills the Business Analyst role for multiple ITIL based processes.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- The Business Analyst is responsible for the set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- This positon is accountable and responsible for the following duties.
1. Defines and documents customer business functions and processes.
2. Schedules, provides meeting agendas, and conducts facilitated workshops for requirements analysis.
3. Consults with Process Owners and Managers to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
4. Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the enterprise.
5. Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
6. Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
7. Contributes to the plans, organizes and conducts business process reengineering/improvement projects.
8. Researches and prepares statistical reports. Consolidates information into cohesive and understandable correspondence or other written form for use in management decision-making.
9. Conducts change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents business rules, functions and requirements.
10. Participates in system integration testing, user acceptance testing, and testing of new system functionality.
11. Provides technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching professional and technical staff.
12. Provides work direction to one or more technical or administrative staff or acts as a team lead on designated projects or assignments.
13. Reviews design and technical requirements to ensure that business and functional requirements are met.
14. Ensure that the customer’s goals and requirements are met.
15. Must be able to estimate and plan own work.
16. Must be able to meet schedules.
17. Assist PM in developing estimates for projects.
18. Escalates issues to management as appropriate.
19. Prepares project change request documents and estimates for approvals.
20. Responsible for RAID documentation based on meetings and interviews.
21. Attends assigned application and subject-matter meetings as advisor/consultant.
22. Assists in the development of standard documentation, layouts, templates and terminology.
23. Ensures all documentation follows standards.
1. Recommend decisions to process changes, based on analysis, process team, and SME input.
2. Recommend decisions on technology alignment with the process, for TBO review and approval.
1. Work independently and as a team member.
2. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
3. Interact with executives, various levels of management, Agency IT Managers and CIOs.
4. Use a computer and current Windows and MS Office suite products.
5. Build detailed diagrams with Visio for Organization and Process relationship.
6. Proofread documents accurately, using proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
7. Organize and present process-related information, both orally and in writing.
8. Read and interpret IT Service Management materials.
ITIL V4 Foundation Certification - Preferred 4 Years
Business, technical, or integration consulting - Required 5 Years
4-year college degree or equivalent technical study - Preferred 4 Years
Extensive experience with a broad range of enterprise
level application development and IT services - Required 3 Years
Experience in Business analysis/design for Telecom Services - Preferred 2 Year
Experience in process development and mapping - Required 4 Year
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - Required 5 Years