Job Listing Information
- 10-Jan-2022 to 24-Jan-2022 (UTC)
- Trenton, NJ, USA
- Full Time
- Long Term Contract Length
- 40 Weekly Hours
The NJDOL Division of Temporary Disability and Family Leave Insurance is in the midst of a large-scale information technology modernization effort to replace the existing 30-year-old DABS legacy case management system.
In order to ensure the successful implementation of this endeavor it is necessary to ensure staffing with expertise in Project Management to coordinate the design and integration of the new IT solution. Additionally, developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports, conducting risk analysis and monitoring the progress of plans against project milestones and budgets. Work with stakeholders to provide the technical and analytical guidance to the project team, ensuring adherence to quality and standards established by NJDOL Project & Portfolio Management Office (PPMO). Furthermore, this position will be responsible for the creation and coordination of a detailed comprehensive project plan to ensure project success and timely the timely delivery of project deliverables and corresponding tasks. The IT Project Manager will be responsible for overall project coordination of IT integrations, conversion, file transfers and ancillary software/hardware needs. This position will work closely with the program, technical and vendor modernization teams to ensure the scope of work is followed and monitored throughout the duration of the software development lifecycle.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle, and confer with project staff to outline work plan.
- Establish work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Implement project plan.
- Perform risk assessment, and implement mitigation plans.
- Assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Experience with the review and creation of status reports in coordination with project personnel
- Experience in the creation and modification of schedules or plans.
- Knowledge of governance standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Continuously benchmark project management performance to identify improvements and achieve higher capability maturity in project and portfolio management.
- Reviews existing application and modernization proposals and develops a plan to keep projects moving forward in an efficient manner by means of timely approval reviews, coordination with outside/inside vendors, scheduling, and closely monitoring the projects progress and completion.
Required / Desired Skills
Expertise in the implementation of a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, Salesforce experience preferred - Required 2 Years
Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure that the project progresses on schedule and within budget - Required 5 Years
Monitor project activities, ensuring the currency, quality and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and “look and fe - Required 5 Years
Ensure that project goals are accomplished and are in line with business objectives - Required 5 Years
Familiar with project management methodologies (for example, PMI, Prince II and agile) as applied to large scale Information Technology System Moder - Required 5 Years
Knowledge of project-planning tools - Required 5 Years
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills - Required 5 Years
Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations - Required 5 Years
Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills, because this is a highly visible position with substantial impact - Required 5 Years
Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment where this role may not directly control resources - Required 5 Years
Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence - Required 5 Years
Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business - Required 5 Years
Developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports, conducting risk analysis and monitoring the progre - Required 5 Years
Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensures that the right people are in the right place doing the right things - Required 5 Years
Consult with client to define need or problem, conducts research, performs studies and surveys to obtain data, and analyzes problems to advise on or - Required 5 Years
Ability to highly function in a face paced environment where you have multiple demands from various parties going on at the same time. - Desired 2 Years
Excellent time management and communication skills - Desired 2 Years
Demonstrates sensitivity to working in a government environment and to interacting with senior leadership - Desired 2 Years
COTS/SaaS Software Implementation - Desired 2 Years