Job Listing Information
- 11-Jan-2022 to 25-Jan-2022 (UTC)
- Trenton, NJ, USA
- Full Time
- Long Term Contract Length
- 40 Weekly Hours
This position requires the candidate to work onsite from day 1. Is this acceptable?
The lead applications developer will be responsible for directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications. They will coordinate the development staff’s schedule and ensure effective communication between team members and other IT functional areas. Additionally, you will be expected to provide feedback and suggestions for process and product improvement and act as a technical mentor and adviser.
- Possesses an expert level knowledge of the tools and processes required by the role
- Functions well in large-scale, complex, cross-functional / platform environment
- Solid individual performance while also providing direction for others
- Shares knowledge, coaches and mentors others in area of expertise
- May serve as technical lead in area of expertise
- May have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of others
- Work with IT and Business management to evaluate complex user requests, projects, and clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified computer programs.
- Determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and system capabilities.
- Formulates detailed program specifications using structured analysis and design methodology. Prepare project documentation when needed.
- Work with functional architects to define and implement application architecture.
- Code new or modified computer programs into existing systems and test program effectiveness. Evaluate error messages, modify codes and troubleshoot programming problems.
- Develop detailed application designs and specifications for computer applications.
- Perform analysis of systems issues or changes.
- Write documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Participate in the development of user manuals and operating procedures
- Provide assistance to IT team members with issues needing technical expertise or systems and/or programming knowledge.
- College degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of programming concepts, design, procedures and practices
- Adaptability and willingness to learn
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other Departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Extremely process and detail oriented
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with health care industry very helpful
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
Required / Desired Skills
Extensive experience developing in Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Cache - Required 9 Years
Extensive experience developing in a Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) including developing REST Web Services - Required 9 Years
Recent professional experience developing enterprise applications in Azure Cloud and leveraging Application Insight - Required 9 Years
Strong knowledge and implementation of Web Services Security - Required 9 Years
Extensive experience developing in JPA and Hibernate - Required 9 Years
Recent experience utilizing Apache POI - Required 9 Years
Expertise in working with DevOps and Build pipelines. - Required 9 Years
Strong knowledge of and experience with UI technologies such as npm, Angular CLI, Angular, TypeScript, and RxJS - Required 9 Years
Deep understanding if GIT and criteria for multi-project vs multi-repo - Required 9 Years
Recent experience using advanced Maven project structures - Required 9 Years
Extensive experience leading project versioning, versioning schemes, and branching strategies - Required 9 Years
Extensive experience using testing strategies (automated/manual), traceability matrix - Required 9 Years
Recent experience implementing CICD/Jenkins best practices and conventions - Required 9 Years
Recent experience implementing common library management and practices to facilitate common code reuse across apps - Required 9 Years
Extensive experience utilizing Security testing, tools, automation - Required 9 Years
Extensive experience implementing redundancy /fault tolerance approaches (Hot/cold environments, Eureka-like microservices, 3rd party app handling, DB - Required 9 Years
Extensive experience implementing cross application communication standards (token vs certificate vs etc) - Required 9 Years
Extensive experience writing runbooks and System Technical Specification (STS) documentation - Required 9 Years
Will be required to work on-site according to NJDOH schedule – Required