Job Listing Information
- 11-Jan-2022 to 25-Jan-2022 (UTC)
- Trenton, NJ, USA
- Full Time
- Long Term Contract Length
- 40 Weekly Hours
Contractors will work remotely 100%
Note this is mainly a BUSINESS RULES EXTRACTION and DOCUMENTATION ROLE; 80% Documentation, 20% coding. Make sure the candidates you speak with have this understanding and LIKE to document.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with internal and external groups
The ideal candidate can:
- Clearly and effectively COMMUNICATE both written and oral with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Contractor primarily will be involved in extracting business logic out of existing Programs and documenting the business rules.
- Contractor will be responsible for analysis, design, coding, component & assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team.
- Contractor will also be involved in some maintenance (including production support), enhancement & development work.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study
- Contractor’s primary responsibility will be to look at existing Programs written in Cobol/CICS/DB2, extract the business logic from these programs and document them.
- Contractor will also be going through the batch processing of our existing systems and extract the program logic, Procs and JCLs and document them.
- Contractor will be required to collaborate and provide technical expertise to the Information Technology Office and the Business unit to develop a technical solution to implement business/system requirements for different Case Management Systems.
- All contractor personnel will be under the direct supervision of a Project Manager for the AOC’s Information Technology Office (ITO) or other designated ITO representative.
- Contractor might be required to deliver new or modified programs, code Stored Procedures and successfully unit test their work, develop supportive documentation, and participate with the users in the system testing of their programs.
- Experience with database conversions is desired and helpful.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Current hands-on experience in coding, testing and debugging programs written in COBOL/CICS/DB2. *Experience with IBM OS/JCL (MVS) and IBM/DB2.
- Experience with CICS *Experience in conversions for IDMS/DC to CICS, IDMS to DB2 desired.
- Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of programs)
- Experience in APPC/LU 6.2 or MQ Programming in Cobol-CICS.
- Experience in coding complex DB2 Stored Procedures
- Attain a complete understanding of the Case Management system and additional Judiciary applications in order to develop from the business/system requirements.
- Develop and/or receive program specification requirements.
- Contractor might be required to deliver new or modified programs.
- Successfully unit test their work and system testing of programs with users.
- Develop supportive documentation.
Required / Desired Skills
COBOL Coding, testing & Debugging - Required 5 Years
IBM OS/JCL (MVS) - Required 5 Years
CICS including Coding, testing & debugging - Required 5 Years
IBM/DB2 including Coding, testing & debugging - Required 5 Years
Experience developing supportive documentation - Required 5 Years
Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of their programs) - Required 5 Years
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with internal and external groups - Required 5 Years
Stored Procedures - Required 5 Years
Overall technical and IT experience 5 plus years - Required 5 Years
IDMS to DB2 Conversion - Desired 5 Years
IDMS/DC to CICS Conversion - Desired 5 Years
4-year college degree or equivalent technical study - Required 4 Years