Job Listing Information
- 11-Jan-2022 to 25-Jan-2022 (UTC)
- Hamilton, NJ, USA
- Full Time
- Long Term Contract Length
- 40 Weekly Hours
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the DFD technology delivery stack along with production performance monitoring. General responsibilities include leading cloud enablement, containerization, infrastructure automation, security hardening, and deployment automation; orchestrating efforts to enable a continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline; providing guidance on system options as needed in strategic planning discussions; developing and building technology solutions designed to scale and align with the DevOps model; and collaborating with both software engineers and infrastructure team to manage code release. This role will focus on improving efficiency in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) by integrating software development, testing, support and maintenance, and operations. We are seeking a unique individual that excels working in a fast-paced environment, where creativity and risk-taking are encouraged and production stability and quality are expected.
- Work closely with development teams to brainstorm, design, implement and support technical build and deployment solutions (CI/CD) using cloud technologies. (AWS cloud and Microsoft Stack developer environment).
- Strong experience with both Linux-based and Windows-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix/Windows administration, and AWS; with databases such as SQL, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Redshift, Redis, Mongo, DynamoDB.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements, and understand the Architecture designs, and responsibly implement the software systems into automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Responsible to take the ownership for their assigned tasks and work independently and deliver results in an iterative approach adhering to the sprint deadlines.
- Good understanding of SDLC frameworks; experience working in Agile environment, sprint refinements, sprint demo’s and retrospectives participation.
- Identifies and solves problems using analysis, sorts through complex issues, addresses root cause of issues, and demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successful realization of project goals.
- Expert in version controlling & CI tools including Github, Gitlabs-CI, AWS code build & code deploy, Jenkins/Teamcity etc.,
- Hands on experience with Docker containerization and clustering (Kubernetes/ECS/EKS/Fargate).
- Setup and management of a Kubernetes cluster, including writing Docker files and Helm Charts.
- Good working knowledge in setting up AWS cloud security, IAM, SSO, Federation, Cognito, MFA etc.,
- Excellent knowledge in network concepts, VPC setup, subnets, DNS, R53, VPG, Load balancers, etc.,
- Experience deploying and codifying applications designed on cloud native AWS services such as EKS, ECS, S3, SQS, SNS, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, IAM.
- Strong experience in configuration management (e.g. Ansible, chef), and IAAC (Terraform, CF).
- Experience maintaining and deploying highly available, fault-tolerant systems at scale on AWS cloud.
- Experience in performance optimization and monitoring on AWS cloud.
- Experience in performing cloud assessments, TCO, Cost-Benefit analysis, AWS Budgets, Cost Explorer, and configuring AWS Organizations.
- Development of tools and other custom components necessary to support full-stack development’s CI/CD pipeline.
Nice to Have
- Experience in migrating legacy platforms to modernize applications.
- Knowledge/Experience in building and deploying DDD, microservices, RestApi’s, graphql & webhooks.
- Experience in application development using object-oriented programming languages and/or analyzing database code.
- 4-5+ years of experience in CI/CD, Devops, and AWS/Azure cloud platform.
- 7-8+ years of experience in SDLC specialized in Software development, Infrastructure development & Network engineering and automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or in a related field.
Required / Desired Skills
Prior DevOps/cloud implementation/configuration experience - Required 7 Years
Prior experience leading efforts for infrastructure, networking AND development - Required 7 Years
Prior experience working with AWS CLI - Required 5 Years
Prior experience working with Python - Required 4 Years
Prior experience working with Bash - Required 4 Years
Prior experience working with AWS CloudFormation - Required 4 Years
Prior experience working with Anisble - Required 4 Years
Prior experience working with Terraform - Required 4 Years
Prior experience with at least two of the following IAACs (Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Teamcity). List in question below - Required 5 Years
Prior experience with at least one of the following Source Control Tools: GitHub, Gitlab, BitBucket, Azure repos, AWS code build - Required 5 Years
Prior experience with Microservices (Docker, Kubernetes - must have both) - Required 3 Years
Prior experience with logging/monitoring tools (Splunk, Loggly, Nagios, Cloudwatch are some examples) Please list all below - Required 7 Years
Prior experience with network security as it relates to AWS development - Required 5 Years
Prior experience with AWS IAM and MFA - Required 5 Years
Experience working with at least one of the following (AD Security, SSO, SAML, Federation, Cognito). List below - Required 5 Years
Prior exp working within cloud implementation configuration environment that involved configuring VPC, subnets, R53, Load balancers - Required 3 Years
Prior experience working with Cloud native & Serverless : (SQS, SNS, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Athena, RDS SQL plus others). Please list below - Required 5 Years
Prior experience with Professional experience working on projects that involved RestAPI, GraphQL, SOA, WCF, Webservices, Microservices (Any of these) - Required 5 Years
Prior Application Programming exp in any of the following .Net, C#(preferred) Python, or other OOP languages - Required 3 Years
Prior Database development exp in any of the following Reporting Services, Visual Studio BI, Power BI, SSRS, - Highly desired 2 Years
Prior experience with Github - Highly desired 2 Years
Prior experience with AWS ECS, Fargate - Highly desired 2 Years
Visual Studio 2013 and above, SSMS, TOAD, Dbeaver - Highly desired 5 Years
JIRA, Agile Framewok - Nice to have 2 Years