Job Listing Information
- 13-Jan-2022 to 27-Jan-2022 (UTC)
- Des Moines, , IA, USA
- Full Time
- Long Term Contract Length
- 40 Weekly Hours
Provide three (3) professional (REQUIRED) references on the candidate's resume with Contact Name, Title, Contact, and Relation to the candidate. NOTE: CANDIDATES WITHOUT PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES INCLUDED WILL NOT GET CONSIDERED.
This is an onsite, hybrid position - working 3 days in the office, 2 days from home.
- Iowa Workforce Development is looking for a versatile Project Manager/Scrum Master to lead the Unemployment Insurance Benefits Enhancements project.
- This role would be responsible for management of the backlog, facilitating related work activities and coordinating all communication with the UI business team.
- The Unemployment Insurance Benefits system is a legacy mainframe system currently supported by an internal application development team.
- In addition to processing UI claims, this system also manages the recent federal pandemic programs, increasing the demands on the system and all support resources.
- As pandemic programs close, project activities return to run and maintain work while a separate effort is underway to modernize the UI system.
- Day to day, this role will lead team stand ups, manage the backlog, communicate with business on progress and priorities.
- In addition, this role would conduct requirements gathering sessions for new requests and participate in testing, as necessary.
- This position will be required to submit weekly status reports, present weekly backlog updates and communicate progress to leadership.
- This position will report to the head of Enterprise Project Management with a dotted line to the head of Application Development, and will work alongside Cobol and Java development teams, in close partnership with UI leadership and SMEs.
- In addition, this position may also work with the Infrastructure and Operations Team Lead/Project Manager for infrastructure-related UI efforts.
Required / Desired Skills
Involvement in prior technology implementation with understanding of SDLC - Required 5 Years
Project management: planning/managing scope, budget, timeline, resources; coordinating project activities - Required 5 Years
Backlog management; task management - Required 5 Years
Strong communication skills with technical teams, business teams, leadership and vendors - Required 5 Years
Requirement elicitation, documentation and articulation between teams - Required 5 Years
High quality documentation: project plans, status updates, presentations, requirements, user stories, process maps, instructions - Required 5 Years
Experience using workflow management tools (ex. Jira, Kanban, etc) - Required 3 Years
Experience testing system functionality against requirements/specifications - Required 3 Years
Understanding and application of Agile, Scrum principles - Required 3 Years
Experience using document management tools (ex. Confluence) - Desired 3 Years