Job Listing Information
- 13-Jan-2022 to 27-Jan-2022 (UTC)
- Harrisburg, PA, USA
- Full Time
- Long Term Contract Length
- 40 Weekly Hours
Currently project staff are working a hybrid telework schedule where staff is on site Mondays and Fridays and are alternating weekly between two days in the office and one day telework and two days telework and one day on-site for Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Candidate will also need to be on site in Harrisburg PA for in person meetings with vendor, clients/stakeholder staff as needed. Can your candidate comply?
The incumbent in this position will serve as a Senior Business Analyst in the Business Relationship Management Division supporting the Department of State Elections Modernization application development project within the Employment, Banking and Revenue Delivery Center (EBR-DC).
As this position is critical to the day-to-day operations of the project the incumbent will be required to be available to work on site in Harrisburg PA for in person meetings with vendor, clients/stakeholder staff as needed.
Currently project staff are working a hybrid telework schedule where staff is on-site Mondays and Fridays and are alternating weekly between two days in the office and one day telework and two days telework and one day on-site for Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Teleworking is subject to Commonwealth of PA as well as EBR-DC policy changes.
Description of Work:
- The incumbent in this position will be responsible for assigned Business Analyst related functions in the areas of: Business Process Reengineering (BPR); Business Architecture Modeling; Business Analysis; Work in cooperation with Project Management; Liaison with Business Partners program areas; collection and documentation of system requirements; coordinating and facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) or Detail Design Sessions (DDS); Component Integration Testing (CIT); organization of the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) including creation of Test Scripts; use of specialized software for tracking system changes, maintaining documentation, organizing testing efforts; creation of training and standard operating procedures materials.
- The Department of State desires an experienced business analyst to help oversee this mission-critical modernization project. This is a two-year project that will require a significant amount of time from the agency’s program area and that of Pennsylvania’s county boards of elections. Prior experience in Election Management Systems would be beneficial. Familiarity with Project Management methodologies and/or managing & tracking a project against a project plan is also a plus.
- Incumbent will work closely with the assigned Project Manager and must be able to help coordinate activities and staff schedules and support the Project Manager in keeping the project on track and on a very strict timeline. The incumbent may be required to assist the PM with small tasks to ensure project is on schedule and suggest or coordinate corrective action if it is behind schedule.
- Incumbent must be organized, self-motivated, able to meet deadlines and capable of working on multiple tasks at one time. Must also be able to effectively communicate, verbally, in writing, or via electronic media, and facilitate collaboration across the full range of executive, business, and technical resources.
The incumbent has advanced analytical lead responsibility for the following activities within the assigned project.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate session reviews of existing system and potential new system and/or system requirements.
- Business Data Modeling; identify data and data relationships and processes for inputs, outputs, roles, tasks, barriers, and constraints.
- Document business process requirements and process diagram flows, review business policy and procedure documentation, create/update documentation as needed and review with business partner and IT administrator resources.
- Plan, organize, perform and coordinate testing efforts to include test plan, creation and execution of test scenarios for system integration testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Performs Business Process Reengineering (BPR) including assessment of existing business processes (As-Is Assessment), determination of future state (To-Be Assessment and Requirements), BPR gap analysis and assessment, and the general and detailed system design activities needed to support the business systems.
- Research, coordinate, write and/or present training and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) materials at (low) technical and non-technical levels.
- Acts as a liaison between the stakeholders to foster a productive relationship between business partner and IT administrator resources. Possess the ability to interact with various staff levels including senior executive managers.
- Analyzes Requests and determines complexity, priority and level of effort needed for resolutions. Performs efforts to implement corrective solutions to issue (s) identified. Escalates requests, as needed, to appropriate roles including the Project Manager, Technical Lead, or Application Developers.
- The incumbent of this position is required to adhere to the Office of Information Technology Data Confidentiality Policy.
- This agreement is distributed electronically; it must be acknowledged at the start of employment—upon initial sign-on to the network—and acknowledged as requested thereafter.
- The incumbent will not only need to comply with this policy but will be expected to act with professionalism and discretion regarding any project tasks, scheduling or other knowledge obtained during activities assigned.
- Decision Making
- Work is performed using initiative and judgment in managing the information technology assignments. Work is reviewed for effectiveness through periodic reports, conferences, and achievement of organization objectives by an administrative supervisor.
- Requirements Profile
1. Facilitate meetings and communicate with business users and IT staff
2. Develop and review functional specifications for system development
3. Apply knowledge of the full System Development Life Cycle
4. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
5. Serve as a liaison between program and IT staff
6. Perform technical and non-technical writing
7. Lead business process improvement efforts
8. User computer, mouse, keyboard and phone
Required / Desired Skills
Experience using formal requirements gathering methodologies - Required 10 Years
Experience developing business, functional, and non-functional requirements - Required 10 Years
Experience developing Requirements Traceability Matrix - Required 7 Years
Experience developing Training and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) materials - Required 7 Years
Experience working to facilitate collaboration across the full range of executive, business, and technical resources - Required 7 Years
Experience with testing efforts to include test plan, test scenarios for SIT and UAT and organizing users to facilitate effective tests - Required 7 Years
Experience with Agile methodology - Required 7 Years
Experience with Microsoft Viso and Project software and Team Foundation server (Dev Ops version) - Required 7 Years
4 year college degree or equivalent - Required
Experience working on state government projects/assignments - Highly desired
Business Analyst Certification (certification from an accredited organization like IIBA) - please provide details - Highly desired
Experience with PM methodologies and/or managing and tracking a project against a project plan - Highly desired