Job Listing Information
- 14-Jan-2022 to 28-Jan-2022 (UTC)
- Richmond, VA, USA
- Full Time
- Long Term Contract Length
- 40 Weekly Hours
Majority of role will be remote and ON SITE as requested by Mgr MUST pick up equipment IN PERSON if selected.
Parking NOT provided for contractors
NOTE: The Election experience (listed as highly desired on skills page) can be at the Local State government level or Federal level. Most local level election positions would perform similar tasks as what we need from future candidates.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Support Geospatial initiatives, systems and data processes to ensure accuracy, completeness, integrity, security and efficiency as it pertains to elections. Support Redistricting; Geographic Information System maps required and review as needed.
- Create a GIS maps on a localities behalf when needed.
- Spatial Audits - Review any ordinance and GIS map received and compare the boundaries contained within with the information in the voter registration system to ensure voters have been assigned to the correct districts and to notify localities of any corrections that may be necessary.
- Maintain and make available on its official website maps showing the current election district and precinct boundaries of each county and city by working with elections staff.
- Supports all GIS efforts to ensure data integrity. Possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to ensure system availability, and timely completion tasks. Works closely with our vendors, developers and business analysts for success of initiatives, support and tasks.
Required / Desired Skills
Proficient with ArcGIS - Required 2 Years
Proficient with GIS application administration - Required 2 Years
Proficient with working with shape files - Required 2 Years
Working with complex data sets and relational databases for GIS - Required 2 Years
Previous elections experience (at the State OR Federal level) - Highly desired 1 Years
Experience working with 3rd parties or government agencies to exchange data - Desired 2 Years